Getting an Appointment
When you telephone the surgery the automated answering service gives you a choice of three Options:
- Same Day Appointment
- Routine Appointment
- General Enquiries
Calls for Same Day Appointments will be answered by a Triage Assistant. They will ask for some medical details to ascertain the nature and urgency of the condition. Please help us by providing any information requested. In accordance with our usual practice, such information will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
From there you could be offered –
- a face to face appointment with a GP
- a telephone appointment with a GP
- an appointment with the nurse
- a “minor illness” clinic appointment with one of the Senior Practice Nurses
- a nurse advice telephone appointment
- an appointment with or telephone advice from the Health Visitors
- a telephone appointment with the practice pharmacist to discuss your medication
Calls for Routine Appointments will be dealt with by our reception staff and you may request an appointment up to eight weeks in advance. We try to provide appointments with your usual to GP for continuity of care, but this is not always possible. There is however, a large team at the Health Centre and you may be offered an appointment with another healthcare professional who will be able to help you.
Appointments may be booked on line. Please contact our reception team for further information and to register. The Registration Form may be downloaded below, but must be taken to the Health Centre with an identification document such as a passport or driver's license.
VOS Registration Form